Stone Blossom Sangha– A Buddhist group offering Zen & Tibetan formal practice of meditation in Wenatchee.
NCW Wellness Circle Meetup: A north-central Washington social networking group providing mutual support, knowledge, and resources promoting personal and interpersonal wellness.
Cloud Mountain— A residential Meditation Retreat Center in SW WA. Great for a weekend retreat for beginners or anyone wanting to dive into the practice!
iLa Yoga Studio: Wenatchee studio offers two yoga classes weekly with meditation and occasional workshops and classes focused on mindfulness meditation.
Evolve Local Yoga: Leavenworth studio offers two weekly meditation classes plus many workshops and retreats with mindfulness focus.
Mindfulness/Meditation App & Podcast Recommendations-
1. Simply Being: Meditation For Relaxation & Presence
2. Meditation Oasis: By Mary and Richard Maddux
3. Headspace: An app for your personal use anytime, anywhere
1. “Wherever You Go, There You Are” by John Kabat-Zinn– A great beginners guide with short vignettes, very approachable and practical.
2. “Who Dies?: An Investigation of Conscious Living and Conscious Dying” by Stephen Levine– Written for those suffering, especially relevant for those living with chronic disease and illness, for those dying, or caring for a loved one. Wonderful guided pain meditation exercises.
3. “Meditation for the Love of It: Enjoying Your Own Deepest Experience” by Sally Kempton–More of a spiritual journey into the heart via the practice of meditation. Very well written and full of practical exercises for the beginner and more advanced practitioner.
4. “Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation” by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D.– A scientific understanding of why Mindfulness works and how it works, an excellent read for everyone, especially those working in the healthcare field.
5. “Living Well with Pain and Illness” by Vidyamala Burch–Oriented towards people living with chronic pain and illness but applicable for any and all interested in the practice of Mindfulness.